Monday, April 14, 2014

My Pillow; a love story for the Full Pink Moon

My Dearest Pillow,
I've been thinking about you a lot today.  I keep recalling your welcoming embrace as you gently cradled my head and whispered "sleep some more..." and I so wanted to. I wanted my unruly bed head hair to remain nestled in your pocket of protection.  Sleep is the perfect answer.

For a day that seems unremarkable. Plain even.  Nothing going on.

Oh sure, I have things to do.  But I will always have things to do...

So, why not return to your comfort and dreamy illusions of more interesting places? Where I can be both queen and peasant. Both beauty and beast.  Where I can fly and bears can speak.  Why is reality so damn boring by comparison?  Or maybe a better question is why are my dreams so compelling?

The trees are blooming outside.  It is unnaturally warm.  Tonight is a full moon.  And not only full, but a lunar eclipse as well.  Will I abandon my warm sleepy comfort in thy downy fluff for a glimpse of a moon that will be slowly shadowed in red? 

I hope so, but if we are having the dream about the canyon and my spread wings again, all bets are off.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this story!

Bren said...

Glad you liked it! Thank you!