Monday, October 21, 2013

Found you! The Full Hunter Moon

I could not find this moon in my heart or in words.  

I could not find this moon in my actions. Just blind forward progress, for progress sake.  Stay busy. One step ahead of a creeping malaise.

The muse did not whisper in my ear.  The clever metaphor remained dusty and unused...probably in my disorganized kitchen drawer...resting near that extra piece of my last assembly project.  Nothing is more unsettling as an extra piece...where on earth does it belong?

I did not find this moon...

But it found me all the same.  Bright. Ridiculously bright.  Her lighthouse beacon scoured the surface of the earth, unyielding to mountains, flooding valleys.  Her light finding me in the dark of night, in the woods, tree shadows making me feel small and alone.  Where on earth do I belong?

"Here",  she replies "and I will light your path before you."

4 comments:

Pete said...

Who found whom? And so it goes. Sometimes the harder we try, the more difficult it is. Close your eyes , cleanse the mind. The answer is right in front of us all.

Enjoy the moon as it begins to wane.

Unknown said...

I love it when the answers come! Assurance.

Anonymous said...

She holds the lantern by the trail

Bren said...

Thank you so much for your readership and comments. I appreciate the camaraderie on my path.