Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lawnmower, O Lawnmower!

I noticed today for the first time that my lawnmower has a meter of some kind.  
It reads 26.4
Is that miles? Like a marathon and then some? or is it something else.  I took pause thinking I mowed 26.4 miles.  It seemed both too short and too long.

I did some research and learned that it is an hour counter.  That threw me a bit too.  I have been driving a lawn mower for over 24 hours?  Really? But that is a whole day!  

I visualized the places I could go. The things I could do.  Instead, I go round and round.  

Sounds like me.

3 comments:

Pete said...

Beautiful. I love the fact that you actually researched what the meter is. Round and round and round we go!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Imagine if there was a meter like that on other things. I shudder to think of the reading on my office chair - a lot higher than the one on my treadmill!

Bren said...

Round and round....till we all fall down...dizzy. Giggles.
Thanks Pete for commenting.

Hour meters in anything is kinda scary...sleeping time, eating time, how long you wear one pair of pants versus another...and the most terrifying...toilet time.
I appreciate your commenting.