Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Meditation for the Mindless


View the Divine from the Inside Out!  Be the Person Your Soul Thinks You Are!  Yoga for the Clumsy Warrior!  Spiritual Cleansing for the WiFi Capable!  Transcendental Debt Negotiation! 

Yes! Coming soon to a well appointed, organic campus near you is course work to salvage your pathetic soul, unlock your non-creativity, and assure you that you are special, unique, wonderful, and perfectly imperfect.

I drooled over the pages of the latest catalog to arrive at my domicile. I wondered if Diorama Building for the Inner Child would heal my aged internal scars.  The next page delivered more delightful choices, Shamanism for the Shamanic Disenfranchised, Inner Goddess: Outer Power Suit, Drawing from Your Unabashed Clitoris.  Oh!  So many choices. So delightfully packaged to make me the best me EVER!

And although I jest above, I was truly hypnotized by the offerings and generally wished I had the grand or so that a workshop and accommodations would cost.  I would take Shamanic Divination for Business Acumen or maybe Paint Your Inner Critic Away.  These seemed liked pretty good choices as I am less than astute in my business decisions and my inner critic is a real busy body.

But it isn't just the money that keeps me from following like a lemming to my glorious end. The money is just an excuse to not join in this form of new age self congratulation.  The truth is that I know what needs fixing and I have the community to assist ...for no money down, no long lecture.  I just need to reach out, be ready to hear the truth, be prepared to actually mobilize. 

The class that would really be of use is: Manifesting Action for Dummies...aka "hey lazy ass, pick up the phone and volunteer already".  I know that my hand works. The arm seems pretty accepting of direction as well.  My mouth functions just fine, ask my husband.  Living in hurricane Sandy ravaged New Jersey, need is everywhere.  So what stops me?  What keeps me here? 

I flip another page, sip my coffee and wonder...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL - Thanks for another chuckle. I've read my share of those catalogs, and wondered who the people are who actually shell out the cash to keep these self-appointed gurus in wheatgrass and Dewars.

The only one we need to follow is ourselves. All answers lie within - a place that only we can go.