Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Imperfection: The Full Harvest Moon

I am imperfect. I've discussed this in the last two blogs.  I am imperfect inside and outside.  Like most of us, I fall prey to negativity. I cling.  The Buddhist likes to point this out when he sees it.  I sometimes find it annoying because he clings too, just to different things; but overall, I appreciate that he and I can constructively suggest improvement.  I want to improve, I truly do.

The key to this always seems to circle around self love. I have made huge strides here, but I am still holding back, ready to find the imperfection.  The trap is that I will always be imperfect.  That is the nature of being human.  The real challenge, the real work is to learn to love imperfection.  And when I succeed and find joy in the mirror, in my heart, I will find joy in your imperfection too.

And the world will suddenly be brilliant in its beauty...
like the Harvest Moon...
bathing me in light...





1 comment:

Pete said...

All the more reason to focus on self love. We're not perfect, nor will we ever be. All we can truly do is to do and be the best we can be. To strive and work constantly to get better. All of this is so much better and easier when there is self love, self compassion. We must be gentle with ourselves. It all starts will self love.

Enjoy the radiating moon!