Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Signs, Signs, Everywhere there are Signs. New Snow Moon.

Signs.  Signs Everywhere are signs. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Well, to be honest...No. No, I can't.  At least not shamanically.

Case in point, I drove to Rochester to see my daughter, shop, and visit. 
Oh, yes, AND to meet with a realtor about moving to the area.  As I drive, a gorgeous red tail hawk flies along side my car for about 300 feet.  It catches my attention and from that moment on the drive was full of hawk sightings. I have never seen a hawk along this 5 hour drive before and I've been making the drive (or passengering) for over twenty trips.  But this trip...HAWK. Hawk. HAWK. Hawk. haWk. HawK....hawk.

I get it I whisper to the universe, calling my husband to mention the sightings and as HAWK would have it, the Buddhist sees one fly by his car as he speaks with me.  Ah! Light bulb! A sign!!!  HAWK. HAWK. HAWK. But what does it mean?

The Buddhist digs in our books upon his return home and comes up with a meaning along these lines:
"Hawk energy means you should take notice to details and know when to be patient and when to act without reserve"

Hmmmm....be patient or act without reserve?  Well, isn't that just contradictory?  
This the main dilemma when working with animal totems and animal signs.  It is never as simple as seeing a bear and realizing that you need to sit at a particular drug store counter, be discovered and live happily ever after.  NOPE. nope. nope. Animal energies and totems are always about greater context and more importantly, your own intuition. Yeah, intuition. That gut feeling.  Your third eye.  The sixth chakra.  Ajna.

Because in the end, the animals aren't in control of our destiny.  Only we are.  
more on intuition as the moon waxes

3 comments:

The Fragile Egg said...

But signs are signs. They can be meaningful...or perhaps not. At the very least, they work to open the mind so we can take all into consideration. Signs are like a passenger traveling with us. Use their wisdom as part of the process of understanding.

As for the Hawks, that's too much of a coincidence. But what is their message???

مؤسسة سما المثالية0535609607 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.